As you may recall I found myself somewhat surprised by how much of a non-event finishing my first book was. After a few rounds of edits I released it to some beta readers (thanks guys!), kicked off the cover design process, and worked on lining up the final editor.
Then I got the first draft of the cover back from the designer and almost died from awesome. After a few revisions on colors and fonts, which took a total of 7 hours emailing back and forth, we were done. In less than 72 hours from my initial request.
You may have already seen it elsewhere, but this is the final product:
So apparently (for me at least) it starts to get fun when there are graphics and colors involved. Now I want the whole process to be finished so that I can "hold" it in my hands and read it again. Jack, Gideon - ya'll look fabulous.